Disability Services

To obtain disability-related academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids, students with disabilities must contact the course instructor and the Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES). To contact DRES you may visit www.disability.illinois.edu or 1207 S. Oak St., Champaign, call 333-4603, or e-mail a message to disability@illinois.edu.

Changing Advisors within a Department

A change of advisors is handled within the student’s department.


Some Ed.M. programs require teacher licensure for admission and/or graduation. Information concerning these licensure requirements may be obtained through the student’s department or the Council on Teacher Education.

Teacher, administrative, and other licensures for public schools are awarded by the Illinois State Board of Education. In most cases, licensure may be awarded after completing an approved program at a university. The College of Education has approved programs for most licensure, including various teaching fields, Learning Behavior Specialist, and Administrative (General Administrative and Superintendent). Most of the approved administrative programs require completion of a graduate degree at the University of Illinois. Since requirements change, it is important that anyone desiring to obtain licensure discuss the matter with his or her advisor and the Council of Teacher Education at the start of the program.

All persons seeking admission to a licensure program in educational administration must respond to a separate application procedure. For details, contact the Department of Education Policy, Organization and Leadership.

The Ph.D. program in Counseling Psychology offered by the Department of Educational Psychology is designed to meet American Psychological Association (APA) requirements for eligibility for licensure.

Auditing Courses

A student wanting to audit a course must first complete an Auditor's Permit. More information on auditing a course can be found in the Graduate College Handbook.