Current Undergraduate Students
The College of Education offers five undergraduate majors and a secondary education teaching minor:
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Learning and Education Studies
- Middle Grades Education
- Special Education
- Secondary Education Teaching minor
You are highly encouraged to contact LAS-Teach@illinois.edu to discuss the requirements for admission to the program.
Clinical Experiences Fee
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign educator preparation programs have Board of Trustee approval to assess a one-time clinical experience fee, currently $790, prior to a students first clinical experience in the K-12 schools. This fee is assessed via a “course” that shows on a students registration for the term assessed as EDPR 203. This EDPR 203 “course” does not appear on transcripts or carry any course credit, but is a means by which students are assessed the program required clinical fee for K-12 supervision.
- This fee is assessed when you begin your professional education sequence; fall of junior year for Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle Grades majors, spring of sophomore year for Special Education majors and spring of junior year for Secondary Education minors.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- College of Education Undergraduate Awards
- Golden Apple Scholars Pathway Scholarship
- The Illinois Club Isabelle Purnell Education Awards
- Office of Minority Student Affairs
- National and International Scholarships Program
Honors & Awards
Student Academic Resources
If you have questions at any stage, from admissions to graduation—contact our Student Academic Affairs Office for help.
The College of Education offers students many ways to connect with peers, make friends, and make a difference through student organizations in the College and on campus.