Event Day Details
If, after registering, you decide not to participate in the College of Education Convocation ceremony, please email email@example.com so the Convocation Coordinators can make necessary changes.
Location: Armory (505 E. Armory Ave., Champaign)
Time: Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. CDT at the Armory. The ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. CDT at Huff Hall.
Parking: Available at the Education Building or Find Parking
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. CDT. All graduates must check in no later than 9:00 a.m. CDT.
- Participants must wear the approved academic attire, or they will not be permitted to the ceremony.
- Please report to the appropriate check-in table.
You will receive a reader card. During the ceremony, this card will be
handed to the reader as you reach the podium.
- At check-in, participants will also be directed to take a posed photograph with the photographer before the ceremony begins at the Armory.
- Do not bring your personal belongings (purses, bags, etc.) into the Armory. There is no place to store these items during the ceremony. Phones are okay but should be set to silent.
- Family members and guests will not be permitted into the line-up area. They should proceed to Huff Hall (1206 S. Fourth St., Champaign) to be seated. Doors at Huff Hall open at 8:30 a.m. CDT.
Line-Up and Procession
- Doctoral participants will be sorted by department.
- Master's and bachelor's degree participants will be separated by degree level.
- Please stay in your area once you’ve checked in and lined up.
- Faculty will lead the procession from the Armory to Huff Hall. In the event of inclement weather, we will use alternate routes that will take us to Huff Hall.
Make sure that the academic attire you receive is correct by checking here. If your attire is not correct, you will need to contact our Herff Jones representative directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Memorial Stadium (East Side) the weekend of Commencement for alternatives. We will not have any extra regalia or items on hand at check-in at the Armory.
- Students receiving a master's degree will wear their hoods during the ceremony.
- Students receiving a doctoral degree will be hooded on the stage during the ceremony so that they will carry their hoods over their left arm into the ceremony. To request a hooder, please submit the College of Education Convocation Hooder Request form.
The ceremony begins promptly at 9:30 a.m. CDT in Huff Hall. We are scheduled for two hours. If making post-ceremony dinner plans, please add a minimum of
thirty extra minutes to your travel time to allow for the ceremony procession and traffic congestion.
- Tickets are not required for the ceremony, and there is no assigned seating. We suggest your family and/or guests arrive at Huff Hall no later than 9:00 a.m. CDT.
- There will be areas designated for visitors with accessibility needs. Please see an usher for assistance.
- There will be a professional photographer taking photos of each graduate as they receive their diploma cover. A color proof will be provided to you at no cost and with no obligation to purchase. We ask that attendees please be courteous of others in attendance and remain seated and keep the aisles clear during the ceremony.
Post-ceremony Gathering, Gift and Photo Op!
Join your fellow graduates, family, friends, and College of Education faculty and staff for photos, gifts, and conversation!
There will be a gathering at the College of Education (1310 S. Sixth Street) following the Convocation ceremony. Education faculty will lead the recession from Huff Hall to the College of Education, where a staged photo opportunity will be set up. All graduates that have not already received a gift will receive a gift. Please bring your iCard or phone with your Illinois App for the distribution of the graduation gifts. If you do not have your iCard or phone, you will be asked for your NetID.
Other Helpful Links