The College of Education has six programs to which transfer students may apply:
- Early Childhood Education degree program prepares students for Illinois Early Childhood licensure (birth through grade two).
- Early Childhood Workforce Pathways degree program is for early childhood professionals who are working or have worked in the field and have obtained an ASS degree in Early Childhood Education from an approved community college program and secured the Gateways Level 4 Credential.
- Elementary Education degree program leads to licensure in grades 1-6.
- Learning and Education Studies (LES) non-licensure degree program offers concentrations in Applied Learning Science; Education Equality and Cultural Understanding; Digital Environments for Learning, Teaching & Agency; and Workplace Training and Development. The LES major prepares students for a broad range of positions in learning and education.
- Middle Grades Education degree program leads to licensure in grades 5-8.
- Special Education degree program is designed to prepare teacher candidates to work with individuals with varying disabilities and will lead to Illinois licensure to teach students with disabilities from kindergarten to age 21 in a range of settings.
Students interested in transferring to the College of Education should complete and submit this online form. Please note, you will need to create a new account using the link located beside the Login button.
The online form you submit will initiate the process of addressing specific questions about the program, coursework requirements, and course transferability to guide you through the admission process. After completion and submission of the required form, prospective applicants will be encouraged to contact the College of Education advising staff for individual assistance with their academic plan.
If you anticipate transferring to the University of Illinois, refer to the transfer handbook for information about GPA requirements, Illinois State Board of Education licensure requirements and recommended course sequences.
Hours Verification Form
All students interested in transferring to the Special Education program must submit a form verifying 50 hours of experience with the population they wish to teach; Please see the form for specific criteria. NOTE- this form is only to be used by prospective transfer students. Current UIUC students should use this form.
Illinois Transfer Admission Requirements
Transfer Students admitted to the College of Education