IMPORTANT FOR GRANT PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS:
- Local preK-12 districts are asking for earlier contact to consider and respond to requests, including letters of support and collaboration for external grant proposals.
- For best outcomes for your project, we strongly recommend you initiate contact with possible school district collaborators early, to give the districts lead time to secure the support of building principals and other personnel as necessary.
- We therefore recommend submitting at least a preliminary request, following procedures below, to sketch your project plans as known so far, and identify your proposal submission date.
School Research Relations System
- January 2018 Update: A new interactive web-based system is coming to facilitate the establishment of research collaborations between local K-12 schools and researchers from across the University of Illinois campus. The system is now in beta testing.
- System access will be made available from this page, and will be widely announced.
- System development is supported by the Bureau of Educational Research and the Associate Dean for Research and Research Education, College of Education, in collaboration with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.
- Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
- School Research Relations FAQ - last update 4/05/2018
For Immediate Assistance:
- Prospective researchers needing to form collaborations with local K-12 schools (including University Primary School), please use the Collaboration Request Form (below) to request assistance.
- Researchers with ongoing school projects, please use the Collaboration Request Form (below). We will use this information to share your plans with the partnering school district(s).
Please fill out the online form to start and submit a request.
Please note that this information is used only to help establish a research collaboration. All projects must have obtained Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval before an agreement with school districts will be established, and your final research application submitted through our office will include:
- A copy of your IRB application and approval
- Any consent letters and questionnaires you plan to use in your research
Please visit the Office for the Protection of Human Subjects website for more information.
Questions? Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For General Assistance:
- With our district partners, we are developing opportunities for university researchers to receive early feedback on their proposals for research project partnerships.
- If you are a prospective researcher who does not need immediate placement, we invite you to contact us by email (email@example.com) for more information.
School district personnel are cordially invited to direct researcher inquiries to us for information and assistance, by sharing a link to this page.