For the 2022 Graduate Student Conference, we are accepting submissions for both in-progress or completed original scholarship. The 2022 Conference will be held in a hybrid format.
Submissions guidelines are as follows:
- Do not include any identifying information within the abstract.
- Student(s) must be enrolled in an accredited graduate program for the 2021-2022 academic year and be in good academic standing.
- Must meet the deadline for submission.
- One abstract per participant or group.
- Abstracts must be between 250 and 500 words in length and be in a Word file.
- Abstracts must be free of tables, graphs, and illustrations.
- By submitting the abstract, the author or authors grant permission to the Graduate Student Conference Committee and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to publish their information in whole or in part for the purposes of the Graduate Student Conference.
- The abstract should include the following:
- A clear statement of the main argument and rationale for research
- A description of the research goals and questions
- An overview of the study's methodology, population, and materials
- Expected or actual results/findings
- Conclusions (for studies that have been finalized)
- Implications/Applications of research
- Relevance of the submission to the conference theme
In addition to the abstract, please include:
- Three to five keywords
- Any anticipated technology needs