College of Education

About Us Admissions & Academics Research & Engagement Departments & Faculty Current Students

How to Apply - Graduate Programs

Transferring Graduate Programs

The following describes the policies for changing degree programs for the College of Education.  In cases where a student has graduated, a new Graduate College application will be required. 

New Graduate College Application

A new Graduate College application is required when a currently enrolled degree-seeking College of Education student desires to change their graduate program. Applicants must submit all application materials by the application deadline. This policy applies in the following instances: 

  • Student changing degree programs (e.g. completion of master's level program to enter any doctoral level program)
  • Student changing from a master's or doctoral degree in one department to the same level degree in another department 
  • Student changing from one doctoral degree program to another doctoral degree program in the same department (e.g. online EdD to on campus PhD or on campus EdD to on campus PhD)

Petition Process

Currently enrolled College of Education students need only to fill out a Graduate Student petition for curriculum change with supplemental documentation (such as a new personal statement) in the following instances. Students should be aware Graduate College deadlinesregarding curriculum changes. 

  • Student changing from one master’s level program (MA) in one department to another master’s level program (EdM) in the same department
  • Student seeking to change graduate concentrations within the same degree program (e.g. EdD in EPOL). An additional personal statement articulating the reasons for the desired change should be included with the petition
Apply Now Request Information Contact Us