EDU Change of Program

Students who are currently enrolled in a College of Education program can transfer to a different College of Education major by submitting the Authorization to Change EDU Program form. Students are required to meet with their adviser to complete this form. 


Your college office can help you navigate the requirements for your current major and to learn about the requirements and processes should you wish to change your major. The general campus rule is that newly admitted freshmen are to remain enrolled in the major to which you were admitted for at least two semesters.

If you are considering a change in your program of study, Office of the Provost Guide to the ICT Process website is an excellent resource to familiarize yourself with the U of I Colleges' and Departments' requirements.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions provides additional information on Illinois freshmen admission requirements and transfer admission requirements.