School University Research Relations
- Local schools districts are planning to allow research activities, in a somewhat limited capacity and barring future COVID outbreaks or school closures, in the 2021-2022 school year. Preference will be given to research projects that do not require classroom access or significant time spend in school buildings.
- Chicago Public Schools will only review new and ongoing research projects that have been explicitly flagged as high-priority by school and district leaders. For more information please follow this link.
Alternatives to School-Based Research
Available Education Data Sets:
- National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES)
- Urban Institute, Education Data Portal
- Chicago Public Schools Data Sets
- Illinois State Board of Education School Report Card Data Library
- Illinois Board of Higher Education (Research and Data Tab)
- Illinois Library Data Resources
- World Bank Education Data Sets
- Unesco Institute for Statistics
For Immediate Assistance:
- Prospective researchers needing to form collaborations with local K-12 schools (including University Primary School), please use the Collaboration Request Form (below) to request assistance.
- Researchers with ongoing school projects, please also use the Collaboration Request Form (below). We will use this information to share your plans with the partnering school district(s).
Please fill out the online form to start and submit a request.
Please note that this information is used only to help establish a research collaboration. All projects must have obtained Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval before an agreement with school districts will be established, and your final research application submitted through our office will include:
- A copy of your IRB application and approval
- Any consent letters and questionnaires you plan to use in your research
Please visit the Office for the Protection of Human Subjects website for more information.
Questions? Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For General Assistance:
- With our district partners, we are developing opportunities for university researchers to receive early feedback on their proposals for research project partnerships.
- If you are a prospective researcher who does not need immediate placement, we invite you to contact us by email (email@example.com) for more information.
School district personnel are cordially invited to direct researcher inquiries to us for information and assistance, by sharing a link to this page.