Educational Administration & Leadership
Educational Administration & Leadership (EAL) prepares outstanding social justice leaders and change agents who create organizational conditions that provide for equitable participation by all relevant stakeholders in school governance and ensures that all students experience high levels of academic performance.
Students that receive an EAL graduate degree embrace a broad array of leadership positions, including: teacher leaders, division and content area chairs, deans, principals, central office administrators, superintendents, and educational policymakers. Programs also prepare individuals for research and policy positions and for higher education faculty positions in PK-12 educational leadership and policy. The general EAL program is for non-licensure students.
For both on-campus and off-campus endorsement courses, generally about half of our courses are in-person (face to face), and half of our courses are online. About half of the courses meet once a week on a weeknight, and about half meet one weekend per month throughout the semester.
Complete teacher or principal evaluation trainings can be found on the Illinois State Board of Education site. https://www.isbe.net/Documents/Teacher-Principal-Performance-Evaluation-Qualifications.pdf
Who should apply
A degree in Education Policy, Organization & Leadership with a concentration in Educational Administration & Leadership prepares you to:
- Recognize and emphasize the essential role of effective leadership in school reform initiatives, and ensure that policies are equitable and facilitate the improved achievement of every student.
- Create and disseminate knowledge for leadership development, education policy, and school improvement.
- Succeed in leadership, administrative, and supervisory positions in elementary and secondary schools and school districts.
- Master of Education (EdM)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Find out what you need to start your application process.
Learn about application deadlines & required materials.
Review our tuition and fee rates by academic year or by term.
Learn more about paying for your education.
Search our library of frequently asked questions.
Reach out to our Academic Offices for additional support.