Online Programs is launching a new Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT) program in International Education Administration and Leadership!
Event Type: Informational
Presenter: Allison Witt
Registration is required.
What will be covered during this info session?
During this session, you will learn about:
- The online International Education Administration and Leadership (IEAL) Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT)
- Program structure
- Career paths
What is this Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT) Program about?
The IEAL CERT:
- Broadly covers foundational knowledge and competencies in international education and globalization processes.
- Coursework will help learners develop skills in various topical areas (e.g., education abroad management, program evaluation, partnership development, consulting with international organizations).
- Prepares practitioners for many increasing needs of internationalization development.
Who should attend?
- Professionals who want to lead, develop, implement, and evaluate international programming and internationalization activities in business, industry, and education sectors, including postsecondary settings.
- Individuals who want to develop and document specific international education expertise through participation in skill-building and practitioner-focused coursework.
- Students who aspire to specialize in particular facets of internationalization can select a global education abroad program and/or an internship to develop expertise in a specific region or skillset.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Critically and effectively engage in international program administration and leadership
- Lead institutions in a changing, complex global environment through well-informed international policy and practice
- Excel in international education careers across multiple sectors of the international education field, including programming and administration, managing study abroad programs, administering international student services, directing student services in ESL and intensive language programs, and directing government or private programs that support international education and engagement
- Face emerging challenges within internationalization development
- Respond to various challenges, including shifting political dynamics, increased health and safety issues, and imperatives to expand learning modalities from face-to-face to virtual settings
- Facilitate and manage internationalization efforts in business, nonprofit, and education sectors, including postsecondary education
Students completing this Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT) program can apply the course credits earned towards a master’s or a doctorate program upon admission to those programs.
For Program Information, please view: https://education.illinois.edu/epol/programs-degrees/ieal/gradcert
For Information about Campus Graduate Certificate Programs, please view: https://education.illinois.edu/online/graduate-certificate
Sponsor: Education at Illinois – Online Programs
Please note all event times are in CT. Please download the free Zoom software and set up an account to participate.