Date: June 15th at 1 pm CT
Event Type: Informational
Presenters: Faculty and Staff from Diversity & Equity in Education
What will be covered during this info session?
During this session, you will learn about:
- Online Master of Education and Certificate of Specialization Programs in Education Policy, Organization and Leadership with a concentration in Diversity & Equity in Education
- Eligibility, program structure, and admissions
- Career Paths
What are these programs about?
The online Diversity and Equity in Education Master’s program and certificate of specialization will prepare you to understand how diversity and equity relate to learning theories, leadership, and pedagogy.
The coursework consists of content related to:
- Historical & Social Barriers
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity, Leadership & Policy
- The intersections of disability, race, gender, sexual orientation, social class, and poverty and draws on interdisciplinary research in education
Who should attend?
- are interested in diversity and equity issues within P-16 learning environments
- would like to learn how to apply a transformative approach to diversity and equity issues within P-16 learning environments
- are interested in learning the social barriers to educational access analyzed from the Colonial period to the present
Graduates with a Master of Education in Diversity & Equity in Education have gone on to have many different positions, and some of those jobs include the following:
- Assistant Director of Graduate Diversity Recruitment
- Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access
- Associate Director of Employee Relations & HR, Diversity & Inclusion
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Coordinator
- Director of Equal Opportunity Office
- Early Childhood Intervention Specialists
- Membership & Education Specialists
- Diversity & Equity Program Manager
- Diversity & Equity K-12 Curriculum Director/Specialist
Students completing the certificate program can apply the course credits earned towards a master’s or a doctorate program upon admission to those programs.
For Program Information, please view: https://education.illinois.edu/epol/programs-degrees/de
Sponsor: Education at Illinois – Online Programs
Please note all event times are in CT.