- Illinois schools are currently closed to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Currently all Illinois schools are closed through the remainder of the 2019 - 2020 school year. It is currently unknown whether summer courses will continue or when the balanced calendar school year will begin. We will update this page with any relevant information as it becomes available.
- Chicago Public Schools will not be considering new proposals for primary or secondary research at this time. For those with currently active research projects in CPS schools the CPS Research Board as has respectfully asked that you cease all data collection involving students, staff, and / or communities for the time being.
- Please do not burden schools with research-related inquiries at this time. We ask for your patience with this evolving situation.
- Please check back for updated information on schools closures and reopening dates.
- Please see the document Alternatives to School-Based Research for links to education data sets as well as other resources to support education research during school closures.
For Immediate Assistance:
- Prospective researchers needing to form collaborations with local K-12 schools (including University Primary School), please use the Collaboration Request Form (below) to request assistance.
- Researchers with ongoing school projects, please also use the Collaboration Request Form (below). We will use this information to share your plans with the partnering school district(s).
Please fill out the online form to start and submit a request.
Please note that this information is used only to help establish a research collaboration. All projects must have obtained Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval before an agreement with school districts will be established, and your final research application submitted through our office will include:
- A copy of your IRB application and approval
- Any consent letters and questionnaires you plan to use in your research
Please visit the Office for the Protection of Human Subjects website for more information.
Questions? Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For General Assistance:
- With our district partners, we are developing opportunities for university researchers to receive early feedback on their proposals for research project partnerships.
- If you are a prospective researcher who does not need immediate placement, we invite you to contact us by email (email@example.com) for more information.
School district personnel are cordially invited to direct researcher inquiries to us for information and assistance, by sharing a link to this page.