- Check out eLearning Online Graduate Program at UIUC on Facebook.
The Master of Education (Ed.M.) in Education Policy, Organization & Leadership (EPOL) with a concentration in eLearning from the University of Illinois can give you a broad and detailed understanding of the development, delivery and management of eLearning. A growing proportion of higher education is being delivered via the Internet because of widespread access and the potential for high quality interactive teaching. Universities, colleges, and community colleges are beginning to encourage their faculties and instructors to gain formal training in online pedagogies and technologies. Corporations are also increasingly relying on eLearning to educate, train, and motivate their employees, suppliers, and customers.
This program will award a Master of Education (Ed.M.) degree after the completion of 36 credit hours (eight 4-hour courses and two 2-hour courses). The requirements may be completed in two or more years.
The e-learning degree is designed for careers in the fields of corporate training development and management, learning technology integration, online education and training program development, and technology-enhanced learning system design and development. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the career outlook of our graduates is going stronger than before. Students may pursue the following positions upon graduation:
- Instructional designers for online education and training programs for various organizations
- Instructional technologists for various organizations
- Educational technology analysts
- E-Learning consultants/managers
- Online learning designers/developers for organizations (e.g., education, corporations, government, military)
- Training developers and managers for corporate training programs
For those interested in a certificate rather than a master's degree, Education Online offers a four-course eLearning Graduate Certificate program.
This professional development option isavailable for those who have completed a bachelor's degree. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of four courses in the eLearning program: one core course; three electives.
See the eLearning Certificate Page for additional information.
- Academic Programs
- Departments & Units
- Our Faculty
- Research & Outreach
- About Us
- Make a Gift
- Online Programs
- Bilingual/ESL Endorsement
- Community College Teaching and Learning Graduate Certificate
- Curriculum Technology and Education Reform (CTER)
- Diversity and Equity Issues in Education
- eLearning Graduate Certificate
- Global Studies in Education
- Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Development Graduate Certificate
- Health Profession Education
- Middle Grades Endorsement
- New Learning
- Online Support Team
- Student Resources
- Student Orientation
- Faculty Resources and Orientation
Would you like to know more about the eLearning Master of Education program or certificate? Complete this form and a representative will contact you.