Education at Illinois is transformative
Our mission is not only about excellence or doing regular things well. It's about doing things in imaginatively different ways.
In all we do, we aim to reinvent ourselves while maintaining our relevance in a world that continues to expect much from educators. Our iconic reputation for producing scholarship that transforms the nature and the content of education means that we effect change economically, socially, and technologically. We meet the changing needs of the local and global community, and we continue to evolve and refocus.
Our leadership team helps steer our College through the ever-changing educational environment in order to maintain our pre-eminence as a world-class institution of teaching, learning, and research.
- Lisa Denson-Rives, Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Stewardship
- Christopher Span, Associate Dean for Academic Programs
- Susan Michaels, Assistant Dean for Administration & Communication Service
- Yoon Pak, Acting Head of Education Policy, Organization & Leadership
- Chris Roegge, Executive Director of Council on Teacher Education
- Rosa Milagros Santos, Interim Head of Special Education
- James Anderson, Interim Dean
- Denice Ward-Hood, Director of Online Programs
- Daniel Morrow, Chair of Educational Psychology
- Barbara Geissler, Executive Assistant Dean for Business Operations
- David Brown, Interim Head of Curriculum & Instruction
Not pictured: Kathy Ryan, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs; George Reese, Director of the Office for Mathematics, Science & Technology Education; and Gabrielle Allen, Associate Dean for Research