- About Us
- Research & Outreach
An Advanced Degree from the College of Education at Illinois Opens Doors of Opportunity in Nearly Every Field You Can Imagine...
Our graduates circle the globe, from corporate board rooms to university presidents to government leaders. Join us and you'll find yourself part of a community where learning and teaching blend seamlessly with research and practice - a community redefining the art and science of education for a new century. To decide where you want to travel with the College, you just need to choose what type of degree fits your needs and choose your field of study. You can get the quick overview of the options here, or you can go directly to the College Graduate Handook for information.
Are You an International Student Interested in Study at Illinois?
The College has a rich population of students from around the world in our programs. We welcome this diversity of voice, view and idea into our community and encourage you to apply here at Illinois. Due to the many and ongoing changes in emigration to the United States, we suggest that you begin the process with this University of Illinois guide for prospective international students.
What You Can Study
Here at Illinois, the College of Education offers graduate programs leading to the master of education, the master of arts, the master of science, the certificate of advanced study, the doctor of education, and the doctor of philosophy degrees. See below for a list of specializations where you can pursue your career goals. All graduate study applications will begin with the home academic department.
- Curriculum, Aesthetics, and Teacher Education (Ed.M., M.S., M.A., C.A.S., Ph.D., and Ed.D.)
- Language and Literacy Education (Ed.M., M.S., M.A., C.A.S., Ph.D., and Ed.D.)
- Mathematics, Science, and Technology (Ed.M., M.S., M.A., C.A.S., Ph.D., and Ed.D.)
- Bilingual Education and Linguistic Diversity On Campus & ONLINE (Endorsement Only)
- Middle Grade Endorsement On Campus & ONLINE (Endorsement Only)
- Reading Teacher Endorsement (Endorsement Only)
- Higher Education (Ed.M.,M.S.,C.A.S., Ed.D., Ph.D.)
- History of Education (Ed.M.,M.A., Ph.D.)
- Philosophy of Education (Ed.M.,M.A., Ph.D.)
- Social and Cultural Studies of Education (Ed.M.,M.A., Ph.D.)
- Human Resource Development ONLINE (Ed.M.) & ON CAMPUS (Ed.M.,M.S.,C.A.S.,Ph.D., c.)
- Global Studies in Education ONLINE (Ed.M.) & ON CAMPUS (Ed.M.,M.A., Ph.D.)
- Diversity and Equity Issues in Education ONLINE (Ed.M.)
- Health Profession Education ONLINE (Ed.M.)
- ELearning ONLINE (Ed.M., c.)
- New Learning ONLINE (Ed.M.)
- School Executive Leadership OFF CAMPUS (Ed.D.)
- Educational Administration OFF CAMPUS (Ed.M., C.A.S.) & ON CAMPUS (Ed.M., C.A.S., Ed.D. MS, PHD)
- Cognitive Science of Teaching and Learning (Ph.D.)
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.)
- Child Development (Ph.D.)
- QUERIES: Studies in interpretive, statistical, measurement and evaluative methodologies for education (Ph.D.)
- Curriculum, Technology, and Education Reform ONLINE (Ed.M.)
- Special Education General (Ed.M., M.S., C.A.S., Ph.D.)
- Infancy & Early Childhood Special Education (Ed.M., M.S., C.A.S., Ph.D.)
- Learning and Behavior Specialists I & II OFF CAMPUS (Ed.M.) & ON CAMPUS (Ed.M., M.S., C.A.S., Ph.D.)