Applications to study in Education Policy, Organization & Leadership (EPOL) online Ed.D. program starting in Fall 2018 are now being accepted through April 1, 2018. Students must select an area of study when applying or commit to an area of study soon after applying.
Areas of Study
- Diversity and Equity in Education
- Diversity & Equity in Education w/ an emphasis in Human Resource Development
- Executive Human Resource Development
- Foundations of eLearning in Higher Education
- Global Studies in Education
- Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Development w/ an emphasis in International Education Administration & Leadership
- International Education Administration & Leadership
- Learning Design & Leadership
- Learning Design and Leadership w/ Bilingual or ESL Endorsement
- Management of eLearning for Workplace Learning & Training
- New Learning
- Technology Specialist
Students who have earned an online Ed.M. degree from Illinois should consult their EPOL advisers before selecting a cognate area to avoid course duplications. Other requirements to apply and successfully matriculate include:
- A previously earned master’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- 64 total credit hours
- 3 written qualifying exams
- Doctoral dissertation
Admitted students will be assigned a faculty adviser and must come to campus for a preliminary exam and to defend their dissertation.
Learn more about our online programs, which are ranked No. 10 nationally.