Project Partnership with Schools and Districts
- What type of research projects can be submitted for partnership?
University-led research projects that are seeking partnership with local schools. Project PIs must be university faculty, staff or students (the application submission interface requires a university login and email address).
- What school districts are part of the research partnership system?
The university has partnership with Champaign (Unit 4), Danville, Mahomet-Seymour, University Primary School, and also works with other area districts and schools.
- Can I request to work with specific schools?
Yes, please indicate in your submission the schools you would like to work with. Especially indicate if you have existing relationships and have had preliminary conversations with particular teachers or other school personnel regarding your project. The BER will attempt to help place your research project at the specified schools.
- Are research partnerships with early childhood education programs supported?
Although we are beginning with a focus on K-12 schools, we welcome inquiries from both researchers and early childhood education sites, and will be working to include them in the partnership system.
- What should I do if a school or classroom declines to participate in the research study after I have been matched through the placement system?
Please contact us. We will work to identify and direct you to possible alternate locations.