School Research Relations System
December 2016 Updates:
- Rollout of the new interactive web-based system has been updated to Spring 2017.
- Service operations will now be called "School Research Relations" to better reflect the range of opportunities and needs for school district and university collaborators
School Research Relations System:
- December 2016 Update: A new interactive web-based system is coming to facilitate the establishment of research collaborations between local K-12 schools and researchers from across the University of Illinois campus. As of December 2016, the system is still in preparation. We now anticipate a Spring 2017 release.
- System access will be made available from this page, and will be widely announced.
- System development is supported by the Bureau of Educational Research and the Associate Dean for Research and Research Education, College of Education, in collaboration with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.
- Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
- NEW: School Research Relations FAQ - last update 9/15/2016
Until direct System access becomes available, we invite you to contact the School Research Placement Relations Team by email:
Email address: email@example.com
All messages will receive prompt replies.
For Immediate Spring 2017 Assistance:
- Prospective researchers needing to form collaborations with local K-12 schools (including University Primary School), please use the Collaboration Request Form (below) to request assistance.
- Researchers with ongoing school projects, please use the Collaboration Request Form (below). We will use this information to share your plans with the partnering school district(s).
- Collaboration Requests for spring projects in schools should be submitted by Tuesday January 17, 2017.
Please fill out the online form to submit a request.
Please email the following listed below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of your IRB application and approval
- Any consent letters and questionnaires you plan to use in your research
Please note that this information is used only to help establish a research collaboration. All projects must have obtained Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval before an agreement with school districts will be established. Please visit the Office for the Protection of Human Subjects website for more information.
For General Assistance:
- With our district partners, we are developing opportunities for university researchers to receive early feedback on their proposals for research project partnerships.
- If you are a prospective researcher who does not need immediate Spring 2017 placement, we invite you to contact us by email for more information.
School district personnel are cordially invited to direct researcher inquiries to us for information and assistance, by sharing a link to this page.