- College Teaching Minor
- Community College Leadership
- Diversity & Equity in Education
- Educational Administration & Leadership
- Educational Administration & Leadership (Principal)
- Global Studies in Education
- Higher Education
- History of Education
- Human Resource Development
- International Education Administration & Leadership
- Instructional System Design Management and Leadership
- Leadership and Equity
- Learning Design & Leadership
- Instructional Design MasterTrack Certificate
- Online Teaching in Higher Education Environment
- Philosophy of Education
- Social Sciences & Education Policy
- Technology Specialist
Online Teaching in Higher Education Environment
The Online Teaching in Higher Education Environment (OTHEE) Specialization is designed for individuals who want to be certified in teaching and developing online courses in higher education for their professional development purposes. The OTHEE specialization also meets an increasing need of higher education communities, around the world, in delivering instructional contents through online modalities during scaled interruptions (e.g., COVID-19) of on-campus instructional activities.
Department: Education Policy, Organization and Leadership
Who should apply
The OTHEE specialization is open to all degree-seeking and non-degree seeking graduate students at UIUC across disciplines. We strongly encourage individuals who are interested in developing competencies in online teaching in higher education contexts to apply for the specialization.
Find out what you need to start your application process.
Learn about application deadlines & required materials.
Review our tuition and fee rates by academic year or by term.