Doctor of Education
International Education Administration & Leadership
International Education Administration & Leadership (GSE: IEAL) trains professionals to lead, develop, implement and evaluate international programming and internationalization activities in business/industry and postsecondary settings, in both private and public sectors. Students in this program will earn a Doctor of Education (EdD) in Education Policy, Organization and Leadership with a concentration in Global Studies in Education.
Typical Plan of Study (minimum 64 hours)
1 Research Methods Required Course
Select 2 Additional Research Methods Courses
- EPSY 480: Educational Statistics
- ERAM 555: Ethnographic Methods in Education
- ERAM 556: Program Evaluation
Select 5 Elective Courses
- EDUC 499: Education Abroad
- EPOL 408: Aesthetic Education (crosslisted with EPS 413)
- EPOL 420: Global Migration and Education
- EPOL 517: Race, Gender & Sexuality Issues (crosslisted with EPS 536)
- EPOL 521: Globalizing Educational Policy (crosslisted with EPS 537)
- EPOL 522: Globalization of Higher Ed (crosslisted with EPS 538)
- EPOL 523: Global Issues in Learning
- EPOL 524: Education and Human Rights
- EPOL 525: Global Youth and Citizenship
- EPOL 526: Education and Power in Middle East
- EPOL 528: Researching Global Education
- EPOL 531: Diversity, Leadership & Policy (crosslisted with EOL 568)
- EPOL 570: Organization Development (crosslisted with HRD 530)
- EPOL 598: Internship in EPOL (crosslisted with EOL 589)
- EPOL 520: Education and Globalization
Sample of elective courses, courses should be chosen in consultation with advisor.
With advisor approval, students may take the following courses OR 8 credits of EPOL 595 Independent study for their qualifying exams.
Dissertation Proposal Preparation
To determine program cost, use the Cost Calculator. Please note that online students should reference the tuition cost only, there are not additional fees for online.
This section is designed to provide you with quick access to the most essential information. If you don't find something you need here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Academic and Registration Support and Inquiries: email@example.com
- Online Course Technical Support Services: IT Partners @ Education at (217) 244-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email and Passwords Support Services: Campus Technology Services at (217) 244-7000 or email@example.com
- You will need to make sure your personal computer meets the necessary technology requirements by reviewing your software and hardware standards.
- View the Video Help page for Video Playback Support
- View the Technical Support page to get technical requirements and support.
- Learn@Illinois Moodle Service Support
- Collaborate Support
- Video Playback Support
- Confluence Wiki Support