Doctor of Education
Human Resource Development
Human Resource Development (HRD) is the bodies of knowledge and the applied processes used to improve workplace performance and individual learning in organizations.
Typical Plan of Study (minimum 64 hours)
HRD core concentration
- EPOL 470: Principles in Human Resource Education (crosslisted with HRD 400)
HRD concentration- select 1 from set 2
- EPOL 472: Instructional and Training System Design (crosslisted with HRD 411)
- EPOL 475: Work Analysis (crosslisted with HRD 440)
- EPOL 483: Learning Technologies (crosslisted with HRD 472)
HRD concentration- select 1 from set 3
- EPOL 579: Adult & Professional Education (crosslisted with HRD 550)
Select 5-8 Elective Courses
- EPOL 571: Advanced Theories in Human Resource Development (crosslisted with HRD 440)
- EPOL 573: Strategic HRD (crosslisted with HRD 532)
- EPOL 574: Management of HRD (crosslisted with HRD 533)
- EPOL 576: Consulting in HRD (crosslisted with HRD 535)
- EPOL 577: International HRD (crosslisted with HRD 536)
- EPOL 578: Learning on the Job (crosslisted with HRD 540)
- EPOL 584: Innovation in eLearning (crosslisted with HRD 575)
- EPOL 590: Advanced Graduate Seminar
- EPOL 592: Special Topics in EPOL (crosslisted with HRD 592)
- EPOL 595: Independent Study
- ERAM 556: Program Evaluation (crosslisted with HRD 585)
*This is sample list of elective courses, courses should be chosen in consultation with advisor. If advisor approves 8 credit hours for Qualifying Exams, students take 6 electives. If advisor does not approve 8 credit hours for Qualifying Exams, students take 8 electives.
1 Research Methods Required Course
Select 2 Additional Research Methods Courses
With advisor approval, students may take the above courses OR 8 credits of EPOL 595 Independent study for their qualifying exams.
Dissertation Proposal Preparation
To determine program cost, use the Cost Calculator. Please note that online students should reference the tuition cost only, there are not additional fees for online.
This section is designed to provide you with quick access to the most essential information. If you don't find something you need here, email us at email@example.com and one of our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Academic and Registration Support and Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Course Technical Support Services: IT Partners @ Education at (217) 244-7005 or email@example.com
- Email and Passwords Support Services: Campus Technology Services at (217) 244-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will need to make sure your personal computer meets the necessary technology requirements by reviewing your software and hardware standards.
- View the Video Help page for Video Playback Support
- View the Technical Support page to get technical requirements and support.
- Learn@Illinois Moodle Service Support
- Collaborate Support
- Video Playback Support
- Confluence Wiki Support