Doctor of Education
DE: Diversity & Equity in Education
Diversity & Equity in Education (DE) is a social-justice oriented program that aims at providing educators with transformative approaches to issues related to diversity and equity in P-16 learning environments. Students in this program will earn a Doctor of Education (EdD) in Education Policy, Organization and Leadership with a concentration in Diversity and Equity in Education.
Typical Plan of Study (minimum 64 hours)
Required Core Courses
Select Two Additional Core Courses
Select Elective Courses
- EPOL 408: Aesthetic Education
- EPOL 474: Diversity in the Workplace
- EPOL 500: Proseminar in EPOL
- EPOL 517: Race, Gender and Sexuality Issues
- EPOL 522: Globalization of Higher Education
- EPOL 523: Global Issues in Learning
- EPOL 524: Education and Human Rights
- EPOL 531: Diversity, Leadership & Policy
- EPOL 562: Diversity in Higher Education
- EPOL 521: Globalizing Educational Policy
- SPED 514: Equity Issues in Special Education
Sample courses are listed above OR in consultation with advisor.
Research Methods Required Course
Select Two Additional Research Methods Courses
- EPOL 585: Ethnographic Methods in Educ
- EPOL 594: Program Evaluation (crosslisted with HRD 585)
- EPOL 593: The Role of Theory in Educational Research
- EPSY 480: Educational Statistics
May select from those listed above or in consultation with advisor.
With advisor approval, students may take the above courses OR 8 credits of EPOL 595 Independent study for their qualifying exams.
Dissertation Proposal Preparation
To determine program cost, use the Cost Calculator. Please note that online students should reference the tuition cost only, there are not additional fees for online.
This section is designed to provide you with quick access to the most essential information. If you don't find something you need here, please click the "Chat" button on this page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Academic and Registration Support and Inquiries: email@example.com
- Online Course Technical Support Services: IT Partners @ Education at (217) 244-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email and Passwords Support Services: Campus Technology Services at (217) 244-7000 or email@example.com
- You will need to make sure your personal computer meets the necessary technology requirements by reviewing your software and hardware standards.
- View the Video Help page for Video Playback Support
- View the Technical Support page to get technical requirements and support.
- Learn@Illinois Moodle Service Support
- Collaborate Support
- Video Playback Support
- Confluence Wiki Support