Master of Science
Quantitative Methodology, Measurement and Evaluation (QUERIES)
Working in four specializations - measurement, statistics, evaluation, and research design - QUERIES faculty and students are concerned with developing and applying new methodologies and becoming involved with multiple research activities.
Typical Plan of Study (34-40 hours)
Select 1 Educational Policy, Organization and Leadership Foundations Course
- EPOL 401: History of American Education (crosslisted with EPS 400)
- EPOL 402: Asian American Education (crosslisted with EPS 402)
- EPOL 403: Historical & Social Barriers (crosslisted with EPS 405)
- EPOL 405: School and Society (crosslisted with EPS 411)
- EPOL 406: Professional Ethics in Education (crosslisted with EPS 410)
- EPOL 407: Critical Thinking in Education (crosslisted with EPS 412)
- EPOL 408: Aesthetic Education (crosslisted with EPS 413)
- EPOL 409: Sociology of Education (crosslisted with EPS 420)
- EPOL 410: Racial and Ethnic Families (crosslisted with EPS 421)
- EPOL 412: Politics of Education (crosslisted with EPS 423)
- EPOL 413: Economics of Education (crosslisted with EPS 424)
- EPOL 480: Technology & Educational Reform (crosslisted with EPS 415)
Select 1 Educational Psychology Foundations Course
- EPSY 400: Psyc of Learning in Education
- EPSY 401: Child Language and Education
- EPSY 402: Sociocultural Influence on Learning (currently unavailable)
- EPSY 404: Adjustment in School Settings
- EPSY 405: Personality and Soc Dev
- EPSY 406: Psychology of Classroom Management (currently unavailable)
- EPSY 407: Adult Learning and Development
- EPSY 408: Learning & Hum Dev w/ EdTech
- EPSY 430: Early Adolescent Development
- EPSY 485: Assessing Student Performance
- EPSY 490: Developments in Educational Psychology
- EPSY 553: Global Issues in Learning
Additional 400- or 500-level Electives with advisor approval
599 thesis research credit and 595 independent study can be applied up to a maximum of 8 hours.
500-level Electives with advisor approval
595 independent study and 599 thesis research can be applied up to a maximum of 8 hours total.
To determine program cost, use the Cost Calculator. Please note that online students should reference the tuition cost only, there are not additional fees for online.
This section is designed to provide you with quick access to the most essential information. If you don't find something you need here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Academic and Registration Support and Inquiries: email@example.com
- Online Course Technical Support Services: IT Partners @ Education at (217) 244-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email and Passwords Support Services: Campus Technology Services at (217) 244-7000 or email@example.com
- You will need to make sure your personal computer meets the necessary technology requirements by reviewing your software and hardware standards.
- View the Video Help page for Video Playback Support
- View the Technical Support page to get technical requirements and support.
- Learn@Illinois Moodle Service Support
- Collaborate Support
- Video Playback Support
- Confluence Wiki Support