- About Us
- Research & Outreach
My research focuses on cognition, communication, and other aspects of human performance in complex task domains such as health care and aviation, with a focus on aging and performance. Current projects investigate the impact of health literacy (and cognition more broadly) on older adults’ comprehension of information needed for self-management of chronic illness, as well as how to leverage information technology to support patient/provider communication and self-care among older adults.
Activities & Honors
- Member, Risk Communication Advisory Committee, Food and Drug Administration, Food and Drug Administration, 2012-2016
- President Divsion 21 (Applied Experimental Psychology), American Psychological Association, 2012-2013
- President, Division 21: Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology, American Psychological Association, 2012-2013
- Editor, Reviews of Human Factors and Ergonomics, Volume 8, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 2011-2013
- Associate Editor, Journal of Experimental Psychology Applied, American Psychological Association, 2009-2013
- President-Elect, Division 21: Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology, American Psychological Association, 2011-2012
- Editor, Journal of Experimental Psychology Applied Special Issue on Health Care, American Psychological Association, 2010-2011
- Co-Principal Investigator, The Senior Odyssey: A Lab-to-Life Translation, National Institutes of Health, 2004-2006
- Morrow, Daniel, Fischer, U. (2013). Communication in socio-technical systems. Oxford Handbook of Cognitive Engineering. Oxford University Press: New York, NY.
- Morrow, Daniel, McKeever, S., Chin, C., Madison, A., Davis, K., Wilson, E., Kaiser, D., Wolf, M., Conner-Garcia, T., Graumlich, J. (2012). An EMR-Based Tool to Support Collaborative Planning for Medication Use among Adults with Diabetes: A Multi-Site Randomized Control Trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 33, 1023-1032.
- Morrow, Daniel, D'Andrea, L., Stine-Morrow, E, Shake, M, Gao, S, Chin, J, Bertel, S, Conner-Garcia, T, Graumlich, J, Murray, M (2012). Comprehension processes in multimedia health information. Visual Communication, 11, 347-362.
- Nokes-Malach, T., Meade, M., Morrow, Daniel (2012). Expertise and collaborative decision making. Thinking & Reasoning, 18, 32-58.
- Morrow, Daniel, Durso, F. (2011). Patient Safety Research that Works: Introduction to the Special Issue on Human Performance and Health Care. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied. 17, 191-194.
- Chin, J., Morrow, Daniel, Stine-Morrow, E, Conner-Garcia, T, Graumlich, J, Murray, M (2011). The process-knowledge model of health literacy: Evidence from a componential analysis of two commonly used measures. Journal of Health Communication, 16, 222-241.
- Morrow, Daniel, Wilson, E. (2010). Medication adherence among older adults: a systems perspective. Aging in America Volume II: Physical and Mental Health. Praeger: Santa Barbara, CA.