My research focuses on cognition, communication, and other aspects of human performance in complex task domains such as health care and aviation, with a focus on aging and performance. Current projects investigate the impact of health literacy (and cognition more broadly) on older adults’ comprehension of information needed for self-management of chronic illness, as well as how to leverage information technology to support patient/provider communication and self-care among older adults.
Activities & Honors
- Member, Risk Communication Advisory Committee, Food and Drug Administration, Food and Drug Administration, 2012-2016
- President Divsion 21 (Applied Experimental Psychology), American Psychological Association, 2012-2013
- President, Division 21: Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology, American Psychological Association, 2012-2013
- Editor, Reviews of Human Factors and Ergonomics, Volume 8, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 2011-2013
- President-Elect, Division 21: Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology, American Psychological Association, 2011-2012
- Editor, Journal of Experimental Psychology Applied Special Issue on Health Care, American Psychological Association, 2010-2011
- Associate Editor, Journal of Experimental Psychology Applied, American Psychological Association, 2009-2013
- Co-Principal Investigator, The Senior Odyssey: A Lab-to-Life Translation, National Institutes of Health, 2004-2006
- Morrow, D.G. & Fischer, U.M. (2013). Communication in socio-technical systems. In John D. Lee and Alex Kirlik (Eds), Oxford Handbook of Cognitive Engineering (pp 178-199)). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Nokes-Malach, T.J., Meade, M.L, & Morrow, D.G. (2012). Expertise and collaborative decision making, Thinking & Reasoning. 18, 32-58.
- Morrow, D.G., D'Andrea, L., Stine-Morrow, E.A.L., Shake, M., Gao, S., Chin, J., Bertel, S., Conner-Garcia, T., Graumlich, J.F., & Murray, M.D. (2012). Comprehension processes in multimedia health information. Visual Communication. 11, 347-362.
- Morrow, D.G., McKeever, S., Chin, C., Madison, A., Davis, K., Wilson, E., Kaiser, D., Wolf, M., Conner-Garcia, T., & Graumlich, J. (2012). An EMR-Based Tool to Support Collaborative Planning for Medication Use among Adults with Diabetes: A Multi-Site Randomized Control Trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 33, 1023-1032.
- Chin, J., Morrow, D., Stine-Morrow, E.A.L., Conner-Garcia, T., Graumlich, J.F., & Murray, M.D. (2011). The process-knowledge model of health literacy: Evidence from a componential analysis of two commonly used measures. Journal of Health Communication. 16, 222-241.
- Morrow, D.G. & Durso, F.T. (2011). Patient Safety Research that Works: Introduction to the Special Issue on Human Performance and Health Care. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied. 17, 191-194.
- Morrow, D.G. & Wilson, E.H. (2010). Medication adherence among older adults: a systems perspective. In J.C. Cavanaugh & C.K. Cavanaugh (Eds.) Aging in America Volume II: Physical and Mental Health (pp 211-239). Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
- Academic Programs
- Departments & Units
- Our Faculty
- Research & Outreach
- About Us
- Make a Gift