Online Programs is launching a new Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT) program in Learning Design & Leadership (LDL)!
Event Type: Informational
Presenters: Professor Bill Cope and Kara Francis, Program, Academic, and Dissertation Advisor
Registration is required.
What will be covered during this info session?
During this session, you will learn about:
- The online Learning Design and Leadership (LDL) Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT)
- Program structure
- Career paths
What is this Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT) Program about?
The LDL CERT program:
- Is for individuals interested in tackling challenging questions in the science and practice of learning, and in creating more effective, innovative, transformative learning environments.
- Covers the foundational question of coming-to-know, not just for children and adults in traditional education institutions, but also in informal community, civic, and workplace settings.
- Prepares educators with a pedagogical repertoire of learning/teaching strategies to support the design and delivery of their subject matter and learning goals.
Who should attend?
Learning and development and training professionals across industries, organizations, and educators in PK-16 around the world who want to:
- Advance their knowledge, skills, and competencies in designing and developing efficient, effective, and engaging learning systems and environments.
- Become autonomous knowledge creators and sharers to advance the practice of learning design
- Implement alternative forms of assessment.
- Innovate teaching and learning through sound evaluations.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Design scalable learning environments and solutions for a target audience to address relevant knowledge and performance needs
- Incorporate technology and media into new or existing learning solutions, including transformation into remote or online learning solutions, gamification, communities of practice, simulations, and more
- Investigate existing literature and apply theories and concepts to design innovative and technology-mediated learning solutions
- Expand their knowledge of learning pedagogy and learner diversity
Students completing this Campus Graduate Certificate (CERT) program can apply the course credits earned towards a master’s or a doctorate program upon admission to those programs.
For Program Information, please view: https://education.illinois.edu/epol/programs-degrees/ldl/gradcert
For Information about Campus Graduate Certificate Programs, please view: https://education.illinois.edu/online/graduate-certificate
Sponsor: Education at Illinois – Online Programs
Please note all event times are in CT. Please download the free Zoom software and set up an account to participate.