Workplace Training & Development will provide international and domestic students with the broad sets of knowledge and skills necessary to develop, deliver, and evaluate training and development programs across workplace settings, such as businesses and industries, two-year post-secondary schools, or community and government agencies. In addition, it will serve a growing demand for graduates who have an interest in helping adults learn about and seek to improve organizational performance. The demand comes from a range of business sectors, specifically health care, manufacturing, and logistics.
Students in this concentration will:
- Receive an overview of the human resource development field and specifically focus on the training and development aspects of the field.
- Acquire the knowledge and practical skills, in such areas as job and task analysis, training program design, and training program coordination.
- Introduced to learning management systems, which most organizations now use to track the learning progress of their employees.
Who should apply
Undergraduate students who want to:
- Combine the study of organizations and learning in their academic studies.
- Work in a technical role, such as a lab tech or nurse in health care, and who want to become more involved in training others about their occupation.
- Work as information technology specialists and who are asked to develop and deliver training for others.
- Work in the business and industry outreach departments of community colleges
- Serve or wish to serve as instructors in post-secondary technical education schools.
- Serve as a staff member in the human resource development department of an organization.
- Prepare for future graduate study in human resource development.
Find out what you need to start your application process.
Learn about application deadlines & required materials.
Review our tuition and fee rates by academic year or by term.
Learn more about paying for your education.
Stay on track with our academic advisors.
Reach out to our Academic Offices for additional support.