Research & Service
My research interests focus on the following areas:
- Global Studies in Education
- Comparative and international education;
- Internationalization of Higher education;
- Cultural globalization and education policy;
- Postcolonial theories of identity, representation and education;
- Global inequalities and educational policy; and
- International student mobility.
More recently, I have begun working on Indian higher education and the ways in which it is engaging with the challenges of globalization and the knowledge economy.
Principal InvestigatorNational Resource Center for Global Studies, U.S. Department of Education (Center for Global Studies), 2003 - 2006