Language & Literacy Education (L&L) encourages students to explore both the broad issues facing language and literacy education today, and to delve deeply into one of more emphasis areas through coursework and independent research. Students can focus on Bilingual/ESL education, Writing Studies, Early Literacy through Secondary English, or Children's Literature. Students can also receive endorsements in Bilingual/ESL or Reading.
- Master of Education (EdM)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Science (MS)
- Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Who should apply
Teachers, unit heads, principals, managers and program coordinators who want to:
- Understand the principles of language and literacy learning and the development of diverse learners
- Integration of strategic teaching of reading and writing within different content areas (e.g., social studies, science, or math)
- Use of data for decision making
Find out what you need to start your application process.
Learn about application deadlines & required materials.
Review our tuition and fee rates by academic year or by term.
Learn more about paying for your education.
Search our library of frequently asked questions.
Reach out to our Academic Offices for additional support.