The Digital Environments for Learning, Teaching, & Agency (DELTA) program focuses on the creation and research of digital environments for learning and teaching. This includes technology-enhanced classrooms, mobile devices, and immersive simulations across a range of disciplines, including science, engineering, math, and history.
This program is ideal for students who wish to learn more about the potential of technology in learning environments in formal (e.g., schools) and informal (e.g., museums and after school clubs) settings. The program also provides opportunities to explore out-of-school learning opportunities, such as educational applications, games, and toys.
Our courses and research interests highlight the following:
- Designing Learning Spaces
- Educational Game Design
- Attention, Learning, & Technology
- Computer Programming & the Classroom (K-8)
- Interactivity & Learning
- Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning
- Educational Data Mining
- Introduction to Digital Environments
- Child Development and Technology
- Social Learning and Multimedia
- Learning and the Body
- Collaborative Learning and Instruction
- Bachelors of Science (BS)
- Master of Education (EdM)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Science (MS)
- Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Who should apply
Students, teachers, unit heads, principals, managers and program coordinators who want to:
- Pursue research and practice across diverse organizations and institutions (e.g. academia, industry, and non-profits)
- Advise and consult on public and private initiatives of varying scale
- Lead entrepreneurial efforts on design, development, and learning related to innovative digital environments
Find out what you need to start your application process.
Learn about application deadlines & required materials.
Review our tuition and fee rates by academic year or by term.
Learn more about paying for your education.
Search our library of frequently asked questions.
Reach out to our Academic Offices for additional support.