EDPR 250 EL is the second of four classroom placement experiences for elementary education majors.
The placement has the following main goals:
- Developing and supporting collaborative abilities in preservice candidates;
- Removing the isolation often associated with teacher training viewed as apprenticeship, allowing candidates to work with multiple mentors across multiple classrooms;
- Supporting cooperating teacher teams to design and to integrate small groups of students in classroom activities through co-teaching, peer evaluation, differentiation of learning tasks, and other student support strategies;
- Allowing candidates to put into practice some of the methods they are learning in their courses during the semester;
- Strengthen partnerships between university methods instructors, cooperating teachers and candidates
The following resources are meant to support pre-service candidates, cooperating teachers and university instructors throughout this placement experience. Follow the links below for more information.