(Education) 226 Education Building, 1310 S. Sixth
Champaign, IL 61820
Beckman Institute, Room 2357
405 N. Mathews
Urbana, IL 61801
Professor, Education Psychology,
Psychology, and the Beckman Institute
- Ng, S.*, Payne, B. R.*, Steen, A. A., Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., & Federmeier, K. D. (2017). Use of contextual information and prediction by struggling adult readers: Evidence from reading times and event-related potentials. Scientific Studies of Reading, 21, 359-375.
- Payne, B. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2017). The effects of home-based cognitive training on verbal working memory and language comprehension in older adulthood. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 9, Article 256.
- Steen-Baker, A. A.*, Ng, S.*, Payne, B. R., Anderson, C. J., Federmeier, K. D., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2017). The effects of context on processing words during sentence reading among adults varying in age and literacy skill. Psychology and Aging, 32, 460-472.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., & Radvansky, G. A. (2017). Discourse processing and development through the adult lifespan. In M. F. Schober, D. N. Rapp, & A. Britt (Eds.), The Routledge handbook of discourse processes (Second ed., pp. 247-258). New York: Routledge.
- Simons, D. J., Boot, W. R., Charness, N., Gathercole, S. E., Chabris, C. F., Hambrick, D. Z., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2016). Do "brain training" programs work? Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 17, 103-186.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., & Payne, B. R.* (2016). Age differences in language segmentation. Experimental Aging Research, 42, 107-125.
- Liu, X.*, Chin, J.*, Payne, B. R.*, Fu, W.-T., Morrow, D. G., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2016). Adult age differences in information foraging in an interactive reading environment. Psychology and Aging, 31, 211-223.
- Payne, B. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2016). Risk for mild cognitive impairment is associated with semantic integration deficits in sentence processing and memory. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 71, 243-253. PMID:25190209
- Mikels, J. A., Shuster, M. M., Thai, S. T., Smith-Ray, R., Waugh, C. E., Roth, K., Keilly, A., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2016). Messages that matter: Age differences in affective responses to framed health messages. Psychology and Aging, 31, 409-414.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Hussey, E. K.*, & Ng, S.* (2015). The potential for literacy to shape lifelong cognitive health. Policy Insights from the Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 2, 92-100.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Payne, B. R.*, Hill, P.*, Jackson, J., Roberts, B., Kramer, A. Morrow, D. G., Payne, L., Janke, M., Noh, S. R.*, & & Parisi, J. M.* (2014). Training versus engagement as paths to cognitive optimization with aging. Psychology and Aging, 29, 891-906.
- Payne, B. R.*, Grison, S., Gao, X., Christianson, K., Morrow, D. G., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2014). Aging and individual differences in binding during sentence understanding: Evidence from temporary and global syntactic ambiguities. Cognition, 130, 157-173.
- Payne, B. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2012). Aging, parafoveal preview, and semantic integration in sentence processing: Testing the cognitive workload of wrap-up. Psychology and Aging, 27, 638-49.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Miller, L. M. S., Gagne, D. D.*, & Hertzog, C. (2008). Self-regulated reading in adulthood. Psychology and Aging, 23, 131-153.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Miller, L. M. S., & Hertzog, C. (2006). Aging and self-regulated language processing. Psychological Bulletin, 132, 582-606.
Activities and Honors
- Editor, Psychology and Aging, 2018-
- Associate Editor, Psychology and Aging, 2011-2017
- Fellow, APA Division 20
- Fellow, Gerontological Society of America
- Fellow, Association for Psychological Science
- Fellow, Psychonomic Society
- National Academy of Science, National Research Council committee on Learning Sciences: Foundations and Applications to Adolescent and Adult Literacy 2009-2011
- Associate Editor, Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 2008-2010
- Associate Editor, Memory and Cognition, 2007-2008
- Spitze-Mather Faculty Award for Excellence, College of Education, UIUC, 2012
- R.Steward Jones Award for Outstanding Teacher in Educational Psychology, UIUC, 2007
- President, Division 20, American Psychological Association, 2006-2007