Illinois Virtual Visiting Scholar Program (IVVS)
The Virtual Illinois Visiting Scholar (IVVS) program provides scholars from academic institutions, colleges, and universities all over the world:
- Opportunity to conduct research at the world-class University of Illinois
- Meeting with professors and experts in your field virtually
- Academic English Proficiency course
- Access to auditing selected online courses
- Virtual one-on-one mentoring service
- Virtual bi-weekly research seminars and workshops
- Virtual access to the university library (the 2nd largest library in the U.S.)
- Opportunity to present at academic conferences on campus
- Virtual tours to campus and museums
- Official Visiting Scholar Certification
The IVVS program is open to any self-funded scholar from other countries. We welcome scholars from the Humanities and Social Sciences, as well as the Fine Arts and Professions with disciplinary interests in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Teachers' Education, Education Leadership, Education Policy, Global Studies, Human Resource Development, Higher Education, Education Psychology, Education Statistics, and Special Education. Please check our course website for more information about each academic department.
There is a non-refundable program fee for all Visiting Scholars that must be paid in full through the application website upon official invitation and prior to document processing. The fee covers University academic and personnel resources needed to operate the program, as well as administration fees, facility fees, weekly workshops, other activities.
One-semester (up to 6 months): $2,000
Two-semester (up to 12 months): $3,000
The application fee is $500 which is non-refundable. However, we will not charge you an application fee unless you are admitted. Your application will not be processed until the application fee is paid.
Total Program Cost:
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org