Wiley Elementary School
Red and Green line. Check the MTD site for more information.
- America Reads, America Counts
- Pre-Teacher Education adviser
Send Initial Tutoring Application to:
Process for Linking Tutors with Teachers.
Coordinator works with the students and teachers to match needs with available tutors.
The Volunteer Coordinator holds group or one-on-one orientation sessions with students as needed.
Describe the Procedure for Signing up for Tutoring
- Students should email the coordinator after checking to be sure they can get to the school (transportation can be a factor).
- Fill out an application form and email it to volunteer coordinator. To speed up the process ALWAYS list your specific times available and areas you are interested in volunteering for (i.e. K-2 or 4-5, English, E/BD, math, etc.).
- Commit to volunteering at least 10 hours.
- Fingerprinting is needed before beginning at Urbana Schools and is done at no cost to the tutor at the district office.
- Attend orientation session
- Start tutoring.
There is no deadline.
Day and Hour Tutoring Availability
M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Tutoring Program Offered
- Tutoring in the classroom
- After-school tutoring
- Subjects Needed
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
Questions/Comments from the Coordinator?
Wiley has an afterschool program which needs tutors to help with homework.
- Academic Programs
- Departments & Units
- Our Faculty
- Research & Outreach
- About Us
- Make a Gift