Urbana Middle School
Green. Check the MTD site for more information.
Send Initial Tutoring Application to:
See contact listed above. Email is preferred.
Process for Linking Tutors with Teachers.
Students sign up for their tutoring times when they attend the orientation session. Teachers will contact students directly to get them into their classroom the week after the orientation.
The tutor orientation sessions for spring 2013 tutors will be held as follows:
- Tuesday, February 19, Mumford Hall (on the south quad) Room 42 from 6-7 p.m. For orientation after this date, please contact the volunteer coordinator.
Describe the Procedure for Signing up for Tutoring
- Contact the volunteer coordinator to register for one of the orientation sessions.
- Fill out an application form and email it to volunteer coordinator.
- Call 384-3600 to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
- Complete the fingerprinting (at 205 N. Race, Urbana)
- Attend orientation session
- Start tutoring.
Tutors cannot be placed after March 1.
Day and Hour Tutoring Availability
Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Tutoring Program Offered
- Tutoring in the classroom
- After-school tutoring
- Special Education
- Other: General homework help for all subjects (Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Math)
- Academic Programs
- Departments & Units
- Our Faculty
- Research & Outreach
- About Us
- Make a Gift