Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
Check the MTD site for more information.
Send Initial Tutoring Application to:
Process for Linking Tutors with Teachers
Teachers fill out a Tutor Request Form. The Coordinator will place tutors in the requested days and times that the teachers requested upon the tutors availabilities.
The Volunteer Coordinator holds an orientation individually with each tutor before they start tutoring. The orientation consists of going over the Volunteer Handbook, District Policies, expectations and a tour of the school.
Describe the Procedure for signing up for tutoring
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Fill out an application form and E-mail it to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Call 217-384-3600 to schedule a fingerprinting appointment and after completing the fingerprinting appointment.
- Attend orientation
- Start tutoring
Days and Times that Tutoring is Available
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tutoring Programs Offered
- Classroom tutors
- One-on-One tutoring
- ESL tutors
- Elementary Education (reading, math, writing, science)
- ESL (English Second Language)
- Academic Programs
- Departments & Units
- Our Faculty
- Research & Outreach
- About Us
- Make a Gift