(Education) 226 Education Building, 1310 S. Sixth
Champaign, IL 61820
(Beckman) 405 N. Mathews
Urbana, IL 61801
Professor, Education Psychology,
Psychology, and the Beckman Institute
- Payne, B. R.*, Jackson, S. A.*, Noh, S. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (in press). In the zone: Flow state and cognition in older adults. Psychology and Aging.
- Gao, X.* Noh, S. R.*, Eskew, R. T., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (in press). Visual noise disrupts conceptual integration in reading. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., & Basak, C. (2011). Cognitive interventions. In K. W. Schaie & S. L. Willis (Eds.), Handbook of the Psychology of Aging (7th edition).
- Parisi, J. M.*, Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Noh, S.*, & Morrow, D. G. (2009). Predispositional engagement, activity engagement, and cognition among older adults. Aging, Neuropsychology, and Cognition, 16, 485-504.
- Shake, M. C.*, Noh, S. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2009). Age differences in learning from text: Evidence for functionally distinct text processing systems. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 23, 561-578.
- Noh, S. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2009). Age differences in tracking characters during narrative comprehension. Memory & Cognition, 37, 769-778.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Parisi, J. M.*, Morrow, D. G., & Park, D. C. (2008). The effects of an engaged lifestyle on cognitive vitality: A field experiment. Psychology and Aging, 23, 778-786.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Miller, L. M. S., Gagne, D. D.,* & Hertzog, C. (2008). Self-regulated reading in adulthood. Psychology and Aging, 23, 131-153.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2007). The Dumbledore Hypothesis of cognitive aging. Current Directions in Psychological Science 16, 300-304.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Miller, L. M. S., & Hertzog, C. (2006). Aging and self-regulated language processing. Psychological Bulletin, 132, 582-606
Activities and Honors
- Associate Editor, Psychology and Aging, 2011-2012
- Associate Editor, Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 2008-2010
- Associate Editor, Memory & Cognition 2007-2009
- R. Steward Jones Award for Outstanding Teacher in Educational Psychology, UIUC, 2007
- President, APA Division, 2006-2007
- Fellow, Division 20, American Psychological Association, 1999
- Fellow, Gerontological Society of America, 1992