(Education) 226 Education Building, 1310 S. Sixth
Champaign, IL 61820
The Adult Learning Lab
Beckman Institute, Room 1532
405 N. Mathews
Urbana, IL 61801
Professor, Education Psychology,
Psychology, and the Beckman Institute
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Payne, B. R., Hill, P., Jackson, J., Roberts, B., Kramer, A. Morrow, D. G., Payne, L., Janke, M., Noh, S. R., & & Parisi, J. M. (2014). Training versus engagement as paths to cognitive optimization with aging. Psychology and Aging, 29, 891-906.
- Payne, B. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2014). Risk for mild cognitive impairment is associated with semantic integration deficits in sentence processing and memory. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences.
- Chin, J.*, Payne, B. R.*, Fu, W.-T., Morrow, D. G., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (in press). Information foraging across the life span: Search and switch in unknown patches. Topics in Cognitive Science.
- Chin, J.*, Payne, B. R.*, Gao, X.*, Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Morrow, D. G., Conner-Garcia, T. Graumlich, J. F., Murray, M. D. (2014). Memory and comprehension for health information among older adults: Distinguishing the effects of domain-general and domain-specific knowledge. Memory, 30, 1-13.
- Payne, B. R.*, Grison, S., Gao, X., Christianson, K., Morrow, D. G., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2014). Aging and individual differences in binding during sentence understanding: Evidence from temporary and global syntactic ambiguities. Cognition, 130, 157-173.
- Payne, B. R.*, Gross, A. L., Parisi, J. M., Sisco, S. M., Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Marsiske, M., & Rebok, G. W. (2013). Modeling longitudinal changes in older adults’ memory for spoken discourse: Findings from the ACTIVE cohort. Memory, 22, 990-1001.
- Stites, M. C.*, Federmeier, K. D., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2013). Cross-age comparisons reveal multiple strategies for lexical ambiguity resolution during natural reading. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 39, 1823-1841.
- Gao, X.*, Levinthal, B. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2012). The effects of aging and visual noise on conceptual integration during reading. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology. 65, 1833-1847.
- Payne, B. R.*, & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2012). Aging, parafoveal preview, and semantic integration in sentence processing: Testing the cognitive workload of wrap-up. Psychology and Aging,27, 638-49.
- Jackson, J. J.*, Hill, P. L., Payne, B. R.*, Roberts, B. R., & Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2012). Can an old dog learn (and want to experience) new tricks? Cognitive training increases openness to experience in older adults. Psychology and Aging, 27, 286-292.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Miller, L. M. S., Gagne, D. D., & Hertzog, C. (2008). Self-regulated reading in adulthood. Psychology and Aging, 23, 131-153.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L. (2007). The Dumbledore Hypothesis of cognitive aging. Current Directions in Psychological Science 16, 300-304.
- Stine-Morrow, E. A. L., Miller, L. M. S., & Hertzog, C. (2006). Aging and self-regulated language processing. Psychological Bulletin, 132, 582-606.
Activities and Honors
- Associate Editor, Psychology and Aging, 2011-
- Fellow, APA Division 20 and Gerontological Society of America.
- National Academy of Science, National Research Council committee on Learning Sciences: Foundations and Applications to Adolescent and Adult Literacy 2009-2011
- Associate Editor, Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 2008-2010
- Associate Editor, Memory and Cognition, 2007-2008
- Spitze-Mather Faculty Award for Excellence, College of Education, UIUC, 2012
- National Academy of Science, National Research Council committee on Learning Sciences: Foundations and
- Applications to Adolescent and Adult Literacy 2009-2011
- Associate, Center for Advanced Study, UIUC, 2008-2009
- R.Steward Jones Award for Outstanding Teacher in Educational Psychology, UIUC, 2007
- President, Division 20, American Psychological Association, 2006-2007