- About Us
- Research & Outreach
- Ph.D., Special Education, University of Illinois, 1993
- M.Ed., Rehabilitation and Special Education, Auburn University, 1978
- B.S., Rehabilitation and Special Education, Auburn University, 1976
Key Professional Appointments
- Visiting Research Assistant Professor/Project Coordinator, Special Education (SPARK), University of Illinois, 2001-present
- Visiting Research Assistant Professor/Co-PI and Project Coordinator, Special Education, University of Illinois, 2000-present
- Research Assistant Professor, Special Education (PIWI Outreach), University of Illinois, 1997-1999
- Visiting Assistant Professor/Project Coordinator, Special Education, University of Illinois, 1992-1997
Activities & Honors
- Membership Chair, Illinois Division of Early Childhood Association (IDEC), Council for Exceptional Children, 1999-present
- Member, Human Resource Committee (Personnel Subcommittee), Illinois Interagency Council on Early Intervention, 1992-present
- Coordinator, Midwest Region, Division of Early Childhood Association (DEC), Council for Exceptional Children, 1996-2000
- Secretary, Illinois Division of Early Childhood Association (DEC), Council for Exceptional Children, 1995-1999
- Doctoral Student Award, Division of Early Childhood, Council for Exceptional Children, 1992
- Senior Personnel, DELL-D Developing Early Language and Literacy in Danville, U.S. Department of Education, 2007-2011
- McCollum, J., Gooler, F., Appl, D., Yates, T. (2001). PIWI: Enhancing parent-child interaction as a foundation for early intervention. Infants and Young Children, 14(1), 34-45.
- McCollum, J., Yates, T., Gooler, F., Bruns, D. (2001). Using "DOTs" to support parents as developmental observers during parent-child groups. Young Exceptional Children, Monograph Series No. 3, 1-12.
- Felner, R., Yates-Felner, T., Silverman, M., Yates, T. (2000). Prevention in mental health issues and social intervention: Conceptual and methodological issues in the evolution of the science and practice of prevention. Handbook of Community Psychology. Plenum.
- Yates, T. (2000). Building structure into home settings. Early Childhood Report.
In The News
Faculty-alumnus partnership fosters child development by transforming project into not-for-profit service
Jul. 17, 2014
Educators and researchers in the field understand that federal funding for projects doesn’t last forever. Read more...