Educational Leadership & Policy Online
This Master of Education degree in Education Policy, Organization & Leadership (EPOL) with an emphasis in Educational Policy & Leadership (Ed Leadership) represents an opportunity to build upon the shared expertise of faculty across two program areas of Higher Education (HE) and Educational Administration and Leadership (EAL). This program strives to develop primary, secondary, and post secondary educational leaders, administrators, and policy analysts who seek to understand and address critical P-12 and higher education issues. Students will study different educational leadership and policy practices and theories with particular focus paid to educational access, equity, and excellence. Students in this program will have the opportunity to specialize in P-12 leadership and policy or in higher education and policy. This program targets a national and international audience interested in P-12 teacher and educational leadership, higher education, and P-20 educational policy. This program does not provide administrative licensure, neither General Administrative (Type 75) nor Superintendency.
This program strives for the following student objectives:
- Enhance ability to understand critical issues in P-12 learning environments.
- Enhance ability to understand critical issues in higher education.
- Examine and critique public policy analytic frameworks and consider their application to educational learning environment spanning diverse P-12 to higher education contexts.
- Participate in an environment in which theories are explored within authentic, timely contexts through the integration of exemplary practice case studies.
- Examine and critique leadership frameworks and theories of educational leadership.
- Understand policy issues influencing P-12 and higher education.
- Identify how dynamic leadership is crucial to successful learning environments.
- Expand knowledge base on learning theories and their instructional implications and convert proven learning theories into practical solutions to develop policy for P-20 contexts.
- Explore the relationships and interconnections of educational leadership and policy issues and implementation
- Academic Programs
- Departments & Units
- Our Faculty
- Research & Outreach
- About Us
- Make a Gift
- Online Programs
- Bilingual/ESL Endorsement
- Community College Teaching and Learning Graduate Certificate
- Curriculum Technology and Education Reform (CTER)
- Diversity and Equity Issues in Education
- eLearning Graduate Certificate
- Global Studies in Education
- Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Development Graduate Certificate
- Health Profession Education
- Middle Grades Endorsement
- New Learning
- Online Support Team
- Student Resources
- Student Orientation
- Faculty Resources and Orientation