- About Us
- Research & Outreach
node node-unit-home view-mode-full
Noyce is an exclusive opportunity for future secondary mathematics teachers. If you are selected, you will have a demanding yet fulfilling experience that will prepare you for your future career as a mathematics teacher. In addition, you will be a member of a supportive and fun community. We will support you during your placements at local schools, student teaching, and even during your first years of teaching!
Some of the benefits of being a Noyce scholar include:
- One-on-one mentoring every other week
- Regular interaction with a model mathematics teacher
- Books for your professional library
- Suggestions for your lesson plans during student teaching
- Feedback on videos of your teaching
- Professional conferences with creative ideas for your classroom
- Ongoing help with things you are struggling with
- Professional development Saturdays focused on such things as differentiated instruction, using specific technology tools, and classroom management
- Opportunities to work in an afterschool mathematics club designed to engage Latin@ and Black adolescents in rigorous and creative mathematics
- Continued support in your first years of teachingCongratulations to all accepted to the Education Minor in Secondary Teaching.
If you are a mathematics major, CONTACT US!
|This research was supported by a National Science Foundation grant (no. 0934901) awarded to Rochelle Gutiérrez|
PLAY THE GAME
- Prepare yourself to be a highly-qualified mathematics teacher
- Receive support during your first years of teaching
- Inspire a passion for STEM majors & careers
CHANGE THE GAME
- Teach at a high-needs school to promote high quality mathematics
- Value students' personal, cultural, and linguistic capacities
- Promote student participation and "voice" through mathematics
This week: Seminar!
Welcome back and see you 4:00pm @ room 398.