Researcher Background Checks
Champaign , USA
Accurate Biometrics will be on site on Wednesday, August 31, 2016, between 10:00 a.m. and noon to administer fingerprint criminal background checks at the College of Education, Room 333.
This on-site background check is available to school researchers ONLY. Students who are part of teacher education programs who need background checks for the Council on Teacher Education (CoTE) must make individual appointments at an Accurate Biometrics location of their choice.
IF YOU ARE CONDUCTING RESEARCH IN LOCAL SCHOOLS THIS ACADEMIC YEAR:
Login at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/7780830 between August 22nd and August 26th to secure your 5-minute appointment time with an Accurate Biometrics representative on the date and times listed above. This will be the only date during the fall semester that an Accurate Biometrics representative will be on site at the College. We encourage you to take advantage of this service as background check requests that fall outside of this window of opportunity will require researchers to visit the local Accurate Biometrics office.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- A valid government-issued picture ID (i.e. driver’s license, State ID, or passport). School IDs WILL NOT be accepted.
- Payment of $30.00 is required at the time of fingerprinting, and may be made via a credit or debit card, or a money order made out to Accurate Biometrics. NO CASH or PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted.
Other important information:
- You will be given a computer-generated receipt upon completion of the fingerprinting process. If a research grant will cover the cost of the background check, the researcher must first pay the fee to Accurate Biometrics and submit the receipt, along with the approval of the Principal Investigator, to the College Business Office for reimbursement.
- The results of the background check will be sent by the Illinois State Police directly to the agency/individual requesting it on the form you complete. AT NO TIME will Accurate Biometrics receive the criminal history response.
- If you miss Accurate Biometrics’ on-site services on the date provided above, you will need to complete the form provided and visit their Champaign location (or another location most convenient to you). Please check their website often at accuratebiometrics.com for the most up-to-date hours of operation & locations. Hours of operation in the Champaign office vary, but are currently Monday & Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., and occasional Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The Champaign office is located at 201 W. Springfield St., Suite 207, Champaign, IL. The phone number is (866) 361-9944.
- If the researcher has had a background check done previously in the State of Illinois and can provide the appropriate verification, it may be acceptable for research in schools. Please bring your documentation to the Bureau office for approval and entry into the Bureau system.
Bureau of Educational Research and Research Education