- About Us
- Research & Outreach
Inclusive College of Education
Take the Inclusive Illinois Pledge
As a member of the University of Illinois community, I commit to supporting Inclusive Illinois.
- I will encourage the expression of different voices, perspectives, and ideas.
- I will challenge my own beliefs, opinions, and viewpoints.
- I will advocate for an accessible, safe, and respectful environment to enhance the living, learning, and working community at Illinois.
- I will acknowledge and respect the multiple identities represented in each individual.
My commitment will be demonstrated by my voice and my conduct.
Inclusive Illinois, one campus, many voices, is the University’s commitment to cultivating a community at Illinois where everyone is welcomed, celebrated, and respected. Through education, engagement, and excellence, each voice creates the Inclusive Illinois Experience.
The College of Education supports this mission through lectures, committees, student organizations, and policies. This page is designed to be a resource for our community, interested in participating in the Inclusive Illinois mission.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Commemoration activities are being held throught January. The College of Education encourages participating in these events and is a sponsor of the Writing Contest. Winners of the contest will be announced during the January 26 event at Krannert Performing Arts Center. See the full list of events for further information.
- Teacher Workshop, January 25, 9:00 a.m., College of Education Room 242. Event features Dr. Alana Murray, Co-editor of Putting the Movement back into Civil Rights Teaching. Please RSVP to Scott Filkins: firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is part of the Emancipation Procolation Sesquincentennial celebration.
- Rainbow Book Bag, April 26. 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.: Workshops, panels, and speakers in the ACES Library Heritage Room, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Reception and Resource Fair in the Education Building. Email registration will be sent out at the end of March.
- Leadership Strategies for a Diverse World Workshop, April 6, 10:00 a.m.-6 p.m., SDRP Building. Event features Joshua Fredenburg, a leadership and diversity expert that specializes in current issues. Joshua will discuss issues relevant to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students and detail stratetgies to obtain personal, career, and leadership success. Lunch will be provided. For more information contact email@example.com.
- Inclusive Illinois Day, Wednesday September 19, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., South Quad between Mumford and DKH. Join us as we celebrate how we can enrich each others lives through enriching and impactful activities, and free food!
- Inclusive Illinois Day, Wednesday September 19, 4:00-5:00 p.m., Room 2 Education Building. White Privilege: Does it Still Exist? Dr. Tim Engles, Eastern Illinois University, is a leading researcher on critical whiteness studies and will discuss that topic as part of the College's year-long Inclusive Illinois program.
- Friday, November 9, 12:00-1:00 p.m., Room 192 Education Building. Dr. Tim Engles will lead a roundtable discussion on Confronting White Privilege in the Classroom. Join the discussion on how white privilege operates in classrooms and what can be done to make classrooms more just. A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP to Michael Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 6 if you will be attending.
Initiatives, Programs, and Organizations
- Center for Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Assessment (CREA)
- Education Justice Project
- Saving Our Lives Hear Our Truths
- Diversity & Equity Online Masters Program
- Odyssey Project
- Minority Association of Future Educators (MAFE)
- Saving Our Lives Hear Our Truths
Many Education faculty are involved in research, committees, and educational edeavors related to the mission of Inclusive Illinois. Among those are:
- Assistant Professor Ruth Brown, Education Policy, Organization and Leadership
- Associate Professor Rebecca Ginsburg; Education Policy, Organization and Leadership
- Associate Dean for Research and Research Education Stafford Hood; Bureau of Educational Research
- Associate Professor Rosa Milagros Santos Gilbertz; Special Education