The IDEALL facility includes:
- Main laboratory studio
- Control room with one-way mirror looking in onto the lab
- Pull-out interview room immediately adjacent to the studio
Room Technologies enable video and audio capture:
- 360-degree ceiling cameras
- Wireless and ceiling mounted microphones available that can be selectively synced with cameras
- Temporary local data storage servers
- One-way mirror observation room
- Pull-out interview space immediately adjacent to the lab
Projectable Surfaces enable wraparound or immersive virtual environments for participants:
- Three walls have flat white surfaces or mounted screens
- Floor is a white projectable surface
- Ceiling holds an array of mounted portable projectors
Portable Equipment (Available upon request):
- Flat screen TVs (80-inch), which can be positioned vertically or horizontally, and raised or lowered, so students of various ages can interact directly with the screens.
- Multiple Kinect devices, which coordinate with displays, allowing for the study of gesture and movement used in learning with media.
- Multi-touch tabletop screens (55-inch), for researching next-generation tools that facilitate collaborative learning with technologies.
Technical Equipment Lists and Documentation
IDEALL Facility Layout: