- About Us
- Research & Outreach
Call for Reviewers
CALL FOR REVIEWERS
The 6th Annual
Graduate Student Conference
Firday, March 13, 2015
The 6th annual College of Education Graduate Student Conference is just around the corner! The COEGSC Planning Committee is searching for proposal reviewers.
- All reviewers must be graduate students in the College of Education. No prior proposal review experience needed. Graduate students from all departments are encouraged to volunteer.
- Reviewers must commit to being timely, fair and professional in conducting their reviews.
Commitment and Tasks
- Reviewers will evaluate proposals for poster, individual presentations, symposia and alternative formats.
- Reviewers will review three to six 250-500 word abstracts and return recommendations to the COEGSC Planning Committee by the established deadline. This will begin in January 2015.
- Reviewers will be provided with a predetermined review guide and each review will be completed anonymously.
- Training is mandatory. Previous reviewers do not have to attend training.
- This is an excellent opportunity to experience the review process and engage in a valuable professional development opportunity.
- Volunteering as a proposal reviewer allows you to claim recognition for service. Further, volunteering exposes you to new research concepts and methods!
- Training sessions will be held on the following days: TBD. You will only need to attend one session.
- Reviews to be completed by TBD
If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please send an email to Alisha Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate your interest and availability for one of the training sessions, in addition to any questions you may have. Thank you for considering this opportunity to contribute to the success of the 2015 COEGSC!