The Educational Administration & Leadership division offers graduate programs that embrace the broad array of leadership, administrative and supervisory positions in elementary & secondary education, as well such positions as teacher leaders, division and content area chairs, deans, principals, central office administrators, superintendents, and educational policy makers. In addition, programs prepare individuals for higher education faculty positions in PK-12 educational leadership and policy. Educational leadership and organizational theory and practice are emphasized in the program.
The Educational Administration & Leadership division is a partner organization of the Chicago Leadership Collaborative and our principal preparation program is an approved provider for Chicago Public Schools.
The mission of the Educational Administration and Leadership division is to prepare individuals who are committed to the reform and continuous improvement of PK-12 education. In fulfilling this mission, the program supports and advances education by:
- Preparing outstanding school leaders who create organizational conditions ensuring that every child experiences high levels of academic performance, and ensure equitable and collaborative participation by all relevant stakeholders in school governance.
- Preparing policy analysts and policymakers who recognize and emphasize the essential role of effective leadership in school reform initiatives, and who ensure that policies facilitate the improved achievement of every student.
- Preparing scholars who are dedicated to the creation and dissemination of knowledge for leadership development, education policy, and school improvement.
Programs we offer
- Educational Administration & Leadership (Principal Preparation)
- Educational Leadership & Policy
- School Executive Leadership (Superintendent Endorsement)
- Teacher Leader Specialization
Find out what you need to start your application process.
Learn about application deadlines & required materials.
Review our tuition and fee rates by academic year or by term.
Learn more about paying for your education.
Search our library of frequently asked questions.
Reach out to our Academic Offices for additional support.