It is a great privilege to extend to you a warm welcome to the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. As a two-time alum of this illustrious College, and a three-time alum of this University, I am honored to serve as a Professor and the Associate Dean of Academic Programs and am elated that you chose our College to advance your learning, enhance your expertise, and become a transformative change agent in your respective field of study. Our College offers a wide array of opportunities and is led by a dynamic and supportive faculty and staff, so I encourage you to take full advantage of everything we have to offer. I wish you only the best in your future endeavors, the College thanks you for your commitment to teaching and public service, and my only request of you is that you never stop trying to make a positive difference in the lives of the people you meet and teach. Again, welcome to the College.
Christopher M. Span
Associate Dean of Academic Programs
During orientation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the College of Education's programs and policies.
- Meet with an adviser to map out your academic strategy and select fall classes.
- Familiarize yourself with our various student support services.
- Receive your student identification card (i-card). You must bring your driver's license or a state photo ID card to do so.
- Meet new and current students.
- Find answers to your questions about being a student at Illinois.