Bureau of Educational Research
The Bureau of Educational Research enriches the research culture for faculty and students in the College of Education by supporting interdepartmental or interdisciplinary collaboration; nurturing faculty research, especially for those who are at critical passages in their careers; and grant writing and liaisons with funding agencies.
The Operations staff of the Bureau work with faculty to secure research funding, including supporting grant proposal development and submissions. They also assist with contracts, intellectual property matters, and pre-negotiation of proposal awards.
Responsibilities of the Associate Dean for Research include:
- Supporting both faculty seeking initial external funding and experienced faculty who have external funding, to ensure that faculty research programs remain well supported;
- Providing intellectual leadership to the scholarly activities of the College (including initiating opportunities for scholarly exchange around critical topics, supporting grant development and writing, identifying faculty who can serve as resources to research efforts and initiatives);
- Overseeing international connections as they relate to research education;
- Overseeing matters of ethics, diversity, and equity in research and research education;
- Serving as ex officio for the College Research Committee, which oversees fellowship competitions and awards.